Are you considering forming a nonprofit corporation as a means of supporting a worthwhile cause? If your nonprofit organization is one that will seek charitable contributions from the public, then you must apply for 501(c)(3) status. You can start a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with the help of Corporate Creations. We have the expertise you need to begin the 501(c)(3) filing processes and provide further assistance as needed.

501(c)(3) is the section of the Internal Revenue Code that enables qualifying charitable, religious and educational organizations to receive tax-exempt status. Eligible organizations are exempt from federal income tax and are entitled to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions. 501(c)(3) organizations are not permitted to support political candidates and are only allowed to engage in lobbying activities on a limited basis.

To start a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, you will need to file the following forms with the IRS:

  • Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number
  • Form 1023, Application for Recognition of Exemption Under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
  • Form 2848, Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (if authorizing a third part to represent you regarding your application)
  • Form 8821 (If you want the IRS to provide information about your application to a third party)

You could spend hours filling out the mountains of paperwork required to get your 501(c)(3) off the ground. A faster, easier way is to start a 501(c)(3) nonprofit filing with the help of Corporate Creations. We can also supply a third-party authorization form that enables us to continue to work with the IRS on your behalf until your application is approved.

To place an order, get a free quote or get more information, please call us at (800) 672-9110. If you want us to contact you, please click here.